Monitor disasters areas with satellite imagery
This project is currently on hold
DisasterWatch is a crowdsourced plateform for event localisation and monitoring via remote sensed data.
Landsat-8 and Sentinel-2 image search results is powered by
Developmentseed new Satellite API.
Sentinel-1 image search is done via the excellent CNES PEPS API.
Landsat and Sentinel images previews are from USGS Earth Explorer
and Sentinel on AWS S3
Continue reading: Blog post on RemotePixel.ca
- Check the events database ()
- Use the to add an event or search for imagery
- Use button to display MODIS/VIIRS daily/worldwide basemap
- Latest EarthQuakes or Natural Events EONET available in
- In anytime you can subscrive to an event to receive E-mail update when new images become available
This project is openly developed on GitHub.
Questions or comments to email@example.com
Special thanks to @CodeMacabre for designing a perfect set of icons for each event.
Others icons form FontAwesome and mapskin.